Thursday, November 1, 2007

A week of Halloween fun!!

First, it was the neighborhood carnival. A Halloween parade, crafts, games, and treats. The kids had a great time!Then on Monday we carved pumpkins. Our family artist and his kids had a great time carving (not really my thing), while I made the yummiest pumpkin milk shakes. Dreyers pumpkin ice cream, carmel sauce, and graham crackers , with a little added milk too! MMMMM!!
Then came the big Day! Ryan took the kids out with Wade, Kerstin, and their darling little Charlotte (wish we had a picture of her in her cute bunny outfit). The kids were really into it this year, running from house to house, well Rex ran, Lucy is are little doddler.....a little slowish. Our neighborhood has a great social on the lawn of the church with hot dogs, hot chocolate or cider, and donuts. Molly and I showed up for a bit. It was a fun night.






16 comments:

Kerstin said...

Thanks for letting us join you for trick or treating. Had fun! Man I wish I had known about those pumpkin shakes- I might have invited myself over!

Molly said...

Thanks for all the Halloween fun! I am glad its all over, but fun while it lasted! I am exhausted! Next year, lets just keep it to a week event!

Macy said...

I actually thought of you when I made them , Kerstin. Next time I will let you know for sure.

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Adorable pics.

Molly is looking like a really cute baby.

What is lucy supposed to be? A 19th century british flower peddler?

Macy said...

Umm,oh sorry, I should have stated what these kids costumes are. She was Alice in Wonderland of course. My mom made her the sweetest little Alice costume.

Jo said...

Wow, what a festive time you all had. Great pictures of the darling kids! The bunny one was perfect for Molly!

Andrea W. said...

Impressive Jack-o-lanterns! Pumpkin shake sounds delicious for normal people. Way to go Grandma Julie on Lucy's darling costume! Rex looks so happy with all his muscles and I have GOT to get my hands on Molly before she is completely grown up.

Ali said...

What is Lucy so shocked about in the pic with the pumpkin?

Looks like a fun week! Molly is so cute!

Macy said...

SHe is not shocked at anything! She just loves doing funny faces.

Mama Mia said...

Fun costumes and pumpkins...I showed Easton the pirate pumpkin! He loved it!

Greg said...

Great activity, great post. So Ryan, is Rex gunpowder, Lucy Jackrabbits, and Mollie fireflies? Or all they all included? Great analogies. What a wonderful, fun family you are. You are living the American dream. God bless you. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Cute kids, great costumes and very artistic pumpkins. I'm glad to know people still do bobbing for apples. I thought it was no longer allowed because of germs.

I love seeing all the pictures of your cute kids - and you and Ryan, of course.

Erin said...

I love the costumes! Alice in wonderland is great. And Rex makes a great spiderman. Brooks was obsessed with a spiderman at our ward function...I wish he could have seen Rex.

Macy said...

Elizabeth, I was thinking the same thing while Rex was bobbing for apples...not so sanitary. But a cute activity none the less.
Also,I guess we had the same idea with the pirate pumpkin. Loved yours too!

Jessie said...

I love the little bunny outfit!
Great pictures! The pumpkin with the x for an eye is very cool.
You look great Macy. I can't believe you just had a baby.
Jess

Anonymous said...

Oh great, now Julie is making Halloween outfits! What a grandma!!! It is darling, Lucy is a perfect Alice. I bet Rex loved every minute in his Spidey costume. Molly is darling.