There is alot of amazing things I could say about my dear husband Ryan. He is such a uniquely gifted person, but I thought it might be fun to name some things about him alot of people may not know.1. He cooks without recipes
2. He can write you a poem , pretty much on the spot
3. He is a great whistler2. He can write you a poem , pretty much on the spot
4. He has a really good singing voice
5. He takes a really good photo
6. He loves to chat. I love when I come home from a girl night, Young Womens, or whatever he wants to hear all the ins and outs of what is going on with everyone, what we talked about , etc. You know,loves to break it down.
7. He is a really good teacher. In this I mean, whenever he is with our children he always trys to have a life lesson of somesort in their convos, or with whatever they are doing.
8. He loves Pop Culture. He reads so much during the day that he knows it all about music, movies, politics, even fashion. He is way up on what is going on in the world, and so I love getting my little tid bits of info from Ryan.
9. He looooves Chocolate (also, cheetos and choc. milk,...hopefully not together)
10. He is constantly trying to improve himself. I think that may be one of his main values in life, and I have learned that from him.
5. He takes a really good photo
6. He loves to chat. I love when I come home from a girl night, Young Womens, or whatever he wants to hear all the ins and outs of what is going on with everyone, what we talked about , etc. You know,loves to break it down.
7. He is a really good teacher. In this I mean, whenever he is with our children he always trys to have a life lesson of somesort in their convos, or with whatever they are doing.
8. He loves Pop Culture. He reads so much during the day that he knows it all about music, movies, politics, even fashion. He is way up on what is going on in the world, and so I love getting my little tid bits of info from Ryan.
9. He looooves Chocolate (also, cheetos and choc. milk,...hopefully not together)
10. He is constantly trying to improve himself. I think that may be one of his main values in life, and I have learned that from him.
Lucy says she loves her daddy because: He plays with her, and he sings to her.
Rex says he loves his dad because: He is funny and he wrestles with him.
Rex says he loves his dad because: He is funny and he wrestles with him.
Macy, Rex, Lucy, and Molly

15 comments:
I love that picture of Ryan. What a sweet post. Happy Birthday, Ryan!!! We love you so much!
I loved your post, Macy, and I do love that picture. What a darling little boy he was! Great job on your little known facts about Ryan. As his Mom, I knew most of them, but I have to admit that the chocolate thing surprised me. I love you Ry!
Happy Birthday Ryan!! I love that cute picture...did you have anything on underneath your coat...I just know you were known to try and get away with not wearing clothes under your coats!
What a sweet post! You truly are such a great dad and husband...always finding ways to make your time with Rex and lucy and now molly special!
I had to look twice to see who that cute little boy was. I thought I was on the wrong blog...but then, I knew. We love you Ryan.
Great post Mace! Couldn't agree with all your thoughts more. I miss my late night pop ins where we'd chat, aka break it down, about the ins and outs of everything (especially fashion:)). Hope you had a happy birthday Ryan!
sweet post, that is a darling picture, I really see lucy and rex in him. anyway happy birthday, I love you!
sweet post, that is a darling picture, I really see lucy and rex in him. anyway happy birthday, I love you!
Thanks for the all the responses and phone calls everyone!!
We'll catch you later, Kook.
Macy. Great list. To this day I can't eat a Cheeto without thinking about Ryan for some reason. That list also made me miss all the good talks I used to have with Ryan. He has the gift of being a great conversationalist. He has a way of saying things that make you feel like he would only say them to you. Anyway, good memories for a great guy. Happy B-Day.
Thanks everyone for your nice comments. Macy surprised me with this list- I love that she avoided the cliches about 'Ryan' and got to some lesser-known things (and no, I actually can't take a good photo, at least no better than anyone else with a camera).
This post is also significant for provoking a Wahlstrom debut. A very happy birthday indeed.
And does anyone else think that photo looks like it was taken in the Christmas Story era? Did I really grow up in 1946?
Thanks for chiming Norm! Great to hear from you.
Mace, great list. He really can do anything...and seems to want to do it, too. However, I can skip the fashion part, and am a little ashamed about that. Is this his rebellion because we wouldn't let him play football in high school? Can you believe how cute he was in 1946 in that picture before flash photography? Happy birthday, Ry. You're a great one and we're so proud of you.
I read Macy's list and have to second her mention of your whistling talent. I still remember hearing you whistle - was it the descant from Stars & Stripes?, and being blown away. You are truly a musical genius in your own right - not to mention a great friend, father, blogger, etc.
Happy Birthday. Great list Macy.
Ummm, that last comment was from me.
Elizabeth
Post a Comment