Thursday, November 8, 2007

Chatty Moments







After Rex went to bed one night, Lucy was sitting up with Ryan and I while we were watching tv. She saw a commercial of some transformer robot thing, and yelled, "Oh, Rex would love that!" So sweet of her to always be thinking of her older brother. It is so interesting how kids get so wrapped up in their sibings. Their little lives revolve around each other. I remember feeling that way for quite awhile about my older sister, Amby. So cute.

Rex was sleeping at Oma's house awhile back, and Oma had a Halloween decoration out (this was in September mind you). Rex said, "Oma, is this for Halloween?" Oma replied, "yes". Rex said, "yeah, I don't really like when people put Halloween stuff out too early."






One night Lucy came in from her room playing with Babes and said, "Dad, Babes doesn't have any friends." Rex replied, "Well you are her friend , Lucy". Lucy said, " Ummm, no, I am just a mom, Rex."

A few days ago Rex came downstairs after having slept in, and was a little groggy. The first thing he said was, "Mom, I really can fly!" I said, "Really?....like Superman?" He said, "Yes". Then a couple hours later he came into the kitchen kind of bugged and pouting, "Mom, I guess I can't fly......it was just a dream!" He was really torn up about it, and talked about it the whole day, asking why he can't fly, and how he could learn. He asked if maybe alien clothes would help or a ghost sheet, then maybe he could just float. Because floating would be sort of close to flying. It was really funny.








Rex went to work with Ryan a few weeks ago, and spent a while staring out the window at the street below, where State Street and South Temple intersect. He noticed the eagle gate and asked "Dad, why does that tunnel have a balden eagle on it?

We went for a Sunday drive a while ago, and Rex wanted to stop at the 7-11 and get some drinks. We reminded him of a recent lesson about the Sabbath, and said "Rex, remember, it's the Lord's day?" He went quiet for a minute, and then said quietly to himself, in a sort of grumpy way "It's all of our day." Rex's religious instruction continued yesterday when he accidentally tripped Lucy and hurt her, but seemed unconcerned about showing any sympathy. Ryan asked him "Rex, if Jesus hurt someone, even accidentally, what would he do?" Rex thought for a minute and said: "He'd regive them." ( We think this is a reference to a lesson a while ago on forgiving, which, despite its merits, does not seem to have conveyed the definition of its topic word).



Isn't Oma a good sport? Here she is racing the kids.

16 comments:

Andrea W. said...

Darling pictures!!! Are those the ones you had taken that one crazy afternoon?

Such a cute post, Rex's thoughts are so interesting and entertaining. Lucy is so cute aobut her devotion Rex and Babes. I love that she gets the difference between being a mom and a friend. We love Rex and Lucy!

The Back Row Pew said...

I love how the pictures turned out...so casual and natural. It's amazing that they turned out in the midst of that hectic outing...a fun day! I especially love Rex's comment about "Everyone's Day"

davis@dontdodumbthings.com said...

These are my favorite posts. I love kid quotes, and those pictures are to die for.

Eliza said...

such darling pictures! wow, those are definitely worth being an hour late to dinner : ) Funny quotes, love the sunday one.

Rebecca said...

What beautiful pictures. Did you take these, Macy? You are so talented! Your kids are so photogenic- it's amazing! What a cute family and I love the stories!

Macy said...

No, I didn't take these ones. I had them taken a couple of weeks ago by a photographer named Jamie Hammond. Thanks though...I thought they turned out pretty cute.

Molly said...

Love the pics! Please post the pic of mom and the kids running! hehe...it just cracks me up! Rex is so thoughtful and lucy is becoming so more everyday! What fun stages they are in!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so great. I love how natural your kids look in them.

Jo said...

Oh Macy that was a treasure post! The pictures are really stunning, and the quotes, priceless. Funny that Rex disapproved of his grandma "jumping the gun" on the Haloween decorations. What a little thinker!

Erin said...

Macy, the pics are perfect! I love them the kids look great and the colors are so nice and clear. When did you have them taken? I also love the stories about the kids. That is what makes these blogs so fun to read.

Ali said...

haha quotes are hysterical. I also love "its all of our day." Funny and true i guess...

Ty and Holly said...

Your kids are darling...love the photos!

Mama Mia said...

Great photos!!!! What a fun read...now I want to see the one on Julie and the kids!!

Mama Mia said...

Oh that picture is so great! I love Julie! What fun memories...looks like Rex is going to win!

Anonymous said...

One word: PRICELESS!

Jessie said...

Macy I LOVE the picture of you and the baby looking at each other!
All the pictures are great.
I wish I knew your kids!