Sunday, August 5, 2007

Bosom Buddies



So yesterday we moved our little Lucy from the nursery to Rex's room, and from her dear crib to a big girl bed. Now this is not just any big girl bed, but Grandma Julie's bed when she was a little girl which makes it all the more special. Lucy was so excited, and was especially excited when Glo told her it was a princess bed. No one could deny that because we all know that Julie was a princess in that home.


We got it all set up, new bedding and all, and tried to make the room as unisex as possible, but also keep some remnants of their little personalities which are very much boy and girl. Lucy was ecstatic, and just sat on it for a long time holding her baby doll or looking at a magazine. Then when she got in to go to bed tonight she said, "It's so cuddly...I LUB it!" She is so funny and grown up sometimes. Rex has also been so excited for Lucy to move in with him. He loves being the big brother, and takes care of her so well. They are really starting to play more together, and although that adds some bickering too, it is so great to see them being such buddies. Rex doesn't put up with Lucy's emotional/drama, and tends to reason with her sometimes even better than Ryan and I do. One night a few weeks ago while we were at the beach, after we had put them both to bed, told them a story, said prayers, and sang a song, Lucy asked for another story when Ryan told her no, and left, she burst into tears. Ryan then stayed by the door to listen, and after crying for a few mintues Lucy said to Rex,

"Rex, will you tell me a story about Lucy?"


Rex replied, "No, Lucy."


Lucy came back with, "Well, then I will tell you a story, Rex", and as she begun,


Rex nicely said, "Lucy just go to sleep."


Lucy replied, "ok."


That is such a picture into each of their personalities and their relationship.


Lucy is also our very imaginitive child, and loves make believe. That has been good for Rex too....she tends to get him started in a lot of little play scenerios he may not have thought of himself. They are the perfect little combo.

8 comments:

Molly said...

That is so cute...it really does make me more excited to have this baby tomorrow...I hope my boys will be as cute and sweet to each other as rex and lucy are.

Andrea W. said...

Oh that is so sweet. They are such a cute combo. I've loved having two girls and two boys together, but there really is something so cute about the big brother/little sister thing.

Erin said...

I love it. They are so sweet and so big. I love that he takes care of her, and that she gives him a little drama, it's good for everyone, once in a while. They will take such great care of their new baby sister.

Molly, good luck tomorrow. And Congratulations!

Jo said...

Macy, thanks for sharing that adorable little window on R&L. Life is good isn't it!?

I love hearing about their different personalities, and especially about how well and naturally they fill their "big brother", "little sister" roles. So cute!

Eliza said...

oh my gosh, soo cute! I would have loved to witness the move in, sounds fun. This gives me hope that my boy and girl will be good buddies. thanks for sharing, they are adorable!

Mama Mia said...

I recognized the bed before I read the cute story! It truely is a princess bed! Every sleepover at Grandma Glo's, I loved looking at all of Julie's old treasures and toys! I would lay back in that same bed and wonder, "Why are there daiseys on the ceiling?"

Bethers said...

Whatever you are doing with your children...KEEP IT UP! That is a precious story. I love the bed. Show pictures of the new furniture you got from Aunt Diane. I can't wait to see it.

Ali said...

Ha ha. I love that story. I do wish we could of heard the story about REx that Lucy would have told him, I am sure it would have been quite quirky coming from Luce! Maybe next time...

The room looks really really cute!