Sunday, February 8, 2009

Molly


Molly's been sick this week, and she's no stoic. Today she bounced out of it, and suddenly, it was like being reintroduced to your own sweet child. She's such a happy, energetic little girl- we had sort of forgotten. I had to take some pictures. I admit the haircut I gave her today helped too.

While she was sick she added a new word. She had already discovered "outz!" whenever she hurt herself, but "owweeee," became its own new word this week, something she now uses for any state of dissatisfaction or displeasure at all. If you put her in bed when she's not sleepy, she'll yell "Owweeee!" for a half hour, or if she needs something and you walk away for a minute-- "owweeee!" It's so funny. It took us a long time to stop wondering if she's hurt and just take it for a signal of discontent, but now we know what owweee really means.

Her other funny word is 'no.' No means 'no,' and it also means 'yes.' Say she asks for a banana, and I say "You want a banana?" And she'll say "no." That means she does. Or she'll babble something and I'll say "Really?" and she'll say "no." She understands when someone asks her a yes or no question, and she understands that 'no' is an appropriate response to such questions. It's just the only one she has, so she uses it all the time.








Molly from Ryan on Vimeo.

10 comments:

Andrea W. said...

Oh, those pictures, especially the first are to DIE for. I totally know what you mean about when they suddenly come back and you fall in love with them all over again. It's so sad to have them missing in action when they're sick. I love the haircut!

Ali said...

she is getting so cute and looks so much like Rex!

Randy said...

that is remarkable! She is sooo Rex! So cute

Jo said...

She is Not singing her abc's! I cannot get over that, she is such a smartie! and all those words, wow she is going to be a talker. She is so dang cute, and already so spunky and funny.

Rebecca said...

Cute haircut! she looks so much like rex in that 2nd pic!

The Back Row Pew said...

I could just EAT her...she is such a doll and such a mimic.

davis@dontdodumbthings.com said...

I like the haircut, reminiscent as it is of the kind you see in pictures of General Authorities when they were children in the 1930s. She is a Rex clone.

Jo said...

The person commenting as "Jo" in these three posts is not Jo, but Eliza.

The Austad Family said...

She is so darn cute and smart! Ryan, I seriously think you and your wife are some of the best parents around...

Jessie said...

Oh my gosh you guys I love that video of Molly! Could she be any cuter? Seriously!