Each season Rex plays a different sport, sometimes overlapping with each other, but each season whatever sport he is playing becomes my favorite. It is usually soccer, which I will always have a huge love for because it is the sport that Rex started with , and his super driven personality really came out. It is really fun to watch his mind work when he plays. He is a really good quick decision maker which is a great talent in these sports, and I love to watch it. I also love soccer because he plays two seasons of it. Then he plays basketball in the winter which is always great too, and then summertime brings baseball. There is nothing like sitting at a ballpark in the summer watching your kid play baseball. I am not sure my girls feel the same way, but they did sell popsicles yesterday at his game and brought in some serious cash.
I grew up in a family full of girls, and so I was never apart of the team sport world, but I can see how parents get so into their kids sports. I guess I had alot more of that competitive drive than I thought. Watching Rex play sports is one of my favorite things to do, and that doesn't mean I will be upset if in a few years he decides to put his talents elsewhere, but I will always love these young years of soccer, baseball, basketball, and whatever else comes his way. It is so great! We are in the tournament right now and here are some great shots my sister got of Rex. Thanks for being such supportive fans Ike and Ollie!
Sunday, June 19, 2011
We love Baseball!
Posted by
Macy
at
2:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
These pictures are so cute, especially that last one. Macy, you are giving me hope. Henry starts his first round of soccer in August and I've just been expecting that it will be a little boring. I like your perspective...
Wow-- those ARE great shots! Rex looks so grown up. I love that you enjoy watching him so much. It really is a fun thing to do, especially when the kid cares so much and does so well. I'm sure there are lots of seasons ahead, of these great sports, and I will look forward to them as well!
Oh my. I better not show this post to Will :( so wishing he could still be playing on the team while we soak up the sun on the stands this summer. Australia's heading into winter and we about froze at his footy game last Saturday! Please tell Rex hello from Will. He's such a talented athlete, I'm sure you'll be watching him for years to come. Happy to see you're doing so well!
Ivey
www.darrenandivey.blogspot.com
that first photo is such a good picture!
looks like his sports have gotten serious!
The photos capture everything about Rex playing baseball game. I love watching him too.
Post a Comment