Tuesday, January 5, 2010

skiing

We spent New Year's Eve day up at Snow Basin this year. The kids had so much fun skiing, and did fantastic. Rex and Ike were both die hards and could have gone all day. My sister Ali was super helpful and took both Rex and Lucy on many runs. She even took Rex on some big hills, and he did amazing. Lucy pooped out after a few runs of basically just letting adults hold her upper body up while skiing down the bunny hill. Good thing I came up to basically sit in Snow Basins amazing lodge , sip hot cocoa, and read a book. Lucy sat with me most the day, and then decided to head back out toward the end. This time she got her game on and decided to go for it. Her last few runs were really good and she started to really enjoy it too. I love when they are so proud of themselves.

Amby and I did decide Tenley and Lucy might need a lesson so we headed back up to Brighton the next week and signed them up for ski school for the day. They did awesome. Sometimes kids perform so much better for other adults vs. their parents. Amby and I had a great time chasing Molly and Ashton in the lodge. It was worth it for Lucy to get some confidence in this sport. Now Rex needs some real instruction too. Ryan and I like to ski, but we are actually pretty bad at it. Rex has probably already surpassed me.







You know as much as I get sick of the cold and snow here, winter sports are so much fun, and for kids they are the best. We have had some great ski and sledding days already. Now we just need to hit the ice rink.

6 comments:

Molly said...

It was so fun! Would you send me those pics?

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

I love that picture of Ikey so much. Molly, we finally found his nose in those goggles. It's in the mail on its way back to you now..

Ali said...

ya that pic of ikey is pretty good.

such a fun day. we need more of those. rex will be keeping up with me in on time.

Jo said...

Looks like so much fun. Lucky kids to get to learn this while young! Such cute pictures. Besides the one of Ike, the closeup of Lucy is my favorite!

davis@dontdodumbthings.com said...

That's awesome. I wish I would have taken advantage of growing up in Utah and been more into skiing.

Andrea W. said...

You guys are so great to give your kids all these opportunities. I love how activity oriented you guys are, we need more of that at our house. Cute, cute pics.