Sunday, September 7, 2008

Update


We just finished our first week of school!!! Rex has enjoyed kindergarten quite a bit so far, but was also happy to see Saturday and Sunday come. Rex and I both have been anticipating school for so long that when Lucy started preschool a day earlier than Rex I was surprised to be more sad about her leaving me. I just had not thought about that transition at all, and although it is only two mornings a week I was a little torn up to see her independently head on in to her cute classroom and start a new phase in her life. She was definitely tired after school each of those days, and took good naps all week. I am glad it is only two days a week. I would miss her greatly.

Rex then started the next day, and I had planned on being really sad to see him off, but was actually more excited for him than anything else. He has been so ready, and so bored at home. His little class is darling...I am thrilled with it. Lots of boys and so many great moms. If you would have driven past Bonneville Elementary on that day you would have thought there was a movie premier going on for how many parents stood there with their power shots, SLRs, and video cameras. Flashes were going off constantly for seriously 25 minutes. It was pretty hilarious. Yes, we are all pretty over the top, but I love these parents all the same. I feel we have the same goals with our kids, and I am so glad so many of them will be in and out of the classroom all year long.


Then Saturday night we headed up to Cecret Lake up little Cottonwood Canyon for a second go around. Last year, about this same time we tried to do this hike, in my very pregnant stage, and well, we never made it to the lake. This time we made it!! It was well worth it.


















And don't forget, The Ice Cream Truck!!!!




















11 comments:

Molly said...

looks so fun! Rex was just telling us how the ice cream truck never comes down your street, so I am glad he got to experience it. Your kids are growing up...its cramping my style not to have someone so free to hang out with:)

Jo said...

These are real milestones in your life aren't they? I'm thankful that R&L have such great situations to help them transition. I loved the pictures--especially the one of the 3 girls in your family!

Eliza said...

isn't that lake so pretty? we just did that hike when we were with thompsons for our vacation. We went a less traveled way and it was so gorgeous! how adventurous of you. and such cute pics of the kids.

The Back Row Pew said...

Rex looks so grown up. I have had heart pangs for two weeks. I always do this time of year and I always have a pit in my stomach remembering the first days of school with my daughters....now I am having sympathy pains for my grand girls and boys.

Rebecca said...

what an exciting time for you guys! Do you get lonely with just Molly at home on some days? That's funny about all the moms with their cameras. pretty lake.

Ali said...

that is such a pretty hike! rex really does look so old in those pics! I feel weird that they are both in school and rex goes to an elementary school..

Mama Mia said...

What a beautiful hike!

Carly said...

Mace. You look so glamorous when you hike. That is a fun hike.

Braden Bell said...

How fun! Your school sounds idyllic and perfect for you guys. SO glad to hear about all this stuff in your life.

Andrea W. said...

Love reading an update on you all. Love all the pictures. The hike looks amazing! Such a big step to enter the whole school thing. We've got to figure out a time we can get together, it gets so tricky to be back for all these carpools!

Greg said...

What a neat family you are. Beautiful. Thanks so much for the update and the thoughts about school and how much you love your children and are happy for their progress, but miss them, Macy. You're a great mom.