First it was our neighborhood Easter Egg hunt. Tons of food, crafts, and games. It is always a highlight.
Ollie Bear peaking through
Charlotte Bean and her favorite Egg
cute little Brooks

Next, we had Ali and Tenley in town for Easter this year. The annual egg hunt and Glo's grocery hunt were held at my Aunt Beth's. It was quite a feast with the traditional menu of ham, fried chicken and of course my personal favorite Schaum torte. We all had a blast looking for the infamous golden egg hidden by uncle Mike. It is always the scrappiest of competitions where the Johnstons and the Pews make fools of themselves trying to find this large Egg. The Johnstons usually win, must be those scavenging boys they have. Although, the Pews have had their years too. And if you don't know what the Glo's grocery hunt is then let me give you some history. Many years ago when we were very young our parents felt like we got wayyy too much candy on Easter. So to remedy they suggested to Glo and Blair that we do more snacky items, and fruit, etc. Well, it has become quite the hit. We all get new laundry baskets and our parents put out tons and tons and tons of baskets full of boxes of cereal, crackers, cake mixes, muffin mixes, snacks of all kinds, packs of gum, soda, etc, etc. Well okay it isn't as healthy as it once was, but the great thing is we come home with tons of groceries for our cupboards and my food storage is pretty full right now too. Sounds weird, but if you saw it you would be sold!
Then on Sunday after great church Easter meetings back up to brunch at my moms where she again out did herself putting on a great spread. Then we stopped by the Bells for a chat too. It was a fun holiday, and so great to have Ali here for a quick , but fun visit.




I love Easter. Always have. I was remembering last year on Easter morning Ryan took our little family to this great cemetery near our house to walk around and give a lesson on the meaning of Easter. In this cemetery there are many , many very large, and very old tombs. So we sat next down next to one, and he taught Rex and Lucy about what tombs are and about the resurrection. I really think it came to life for them , and Rex still talks about it all the time. It was a great way of showing very small children the meaning of Easter and about what exactly happened. This year Ryan was a little under the weather and missed most of the activities so we didn't get his infamous lesson....maybe next year.
Then on Sunday after great church Easter meetings back up to brunch at my moms where she again out did herself putting on a great spread. Then we stopped by the Bells for a chat too. It was a fun holiday, and so great to have Ali here for a quick , but fun visit.

11 comments:
wow, how fun! you guys go all out, i think that grocery easter sounds really cool, especially for the parents on a budget, can we come next year? : ), anyway, cute pictures and really cool idea about the cemetery, that would make it really sink in.
Such a fun weekend! So glad I came. I think we might be better off with candy, all that "snacks" are bringing me down...
One of the pics is cut off..
Wow- sounds like you guys had enough egg hunts to last a few years! How fun for the kids. I think that grocery thing sounds REALLY cool- way better than candy.
Macy that picture with the laundry basket is hilarious.
I think that is a great idea!
Looks like a good Easter!
I love all the photos. The one of Ikey with the sun is so cute. What a fun weekend except for a sick Ryan.
Oh and btw, I've meaning to say for quite some time that you guys have the BEST sidebar in the whole blogging world (and I know I stock a lot.)
Well Ange, you can thank Ry for that...he is the true blogger in our family.
I LOVE the idea of taking your kids to the cemetery to teach them of the resurrection, thanks for sharing. Your kids are soo cute & I love your family traditions.
I love all your traditions and I am so glad that we get to share "Bunny Day" with your family. I am so glad that we keep that day separate from Easter. It was so special to see all the cousins running around having fun.
Hi Macy!!! This is Jessica "Chiles" Lazarre. This is crazy, but I found your blog and had to get in touch. I'm in a book club with some girls we went to high school with who have blogs and somehow got linked to yours. How are you? Your family is adorable! I would love to get in touch - can I e-mail you? My e-mail is jclazarre@hotmail.com....hope to hear from you and that all is well ~ Jessica
Oh my gosh, Jessica. So great to hear from you. It has been years and years. How are you doing? Where are you living, etc, etc? Please check back, or email me at macypbell@yahoo.com.
Do you have a blog site?
Post a Comment