Sunday, December 30, 2007
Rex on the Record
Here are some of Rex's recent quotes:
(walking into the kitchen, sniffing) "Hmm. . . it smells stinkery in here."
***
Dad: "We're going to be sending presents to soldiers, who are stuck in a place that's really lonely, hot and sandy."
Rex: "Bethlehem?"
***
Pointing to a sore on Lucy's toe: "Dad, I think Lucy's toe is going bad."
***
"Dad, whenever Lucy wakes up before me, her hair looks really cute."
***
"Mom, sometimes I feel like I'm in love with (cousin) Mallory's sister."
***
Dad: "Rex, you've given primary talks before. Why didn't you dare to give your talk today?"
Rex: "I didn't want to be in front of all of those people, distracting them."
***
Lucy has a cute little pair of earmuffs. Rex says: "Dad, Lucy needs to put on her earwigs." Later, Lucy says "Dad, put on my muffins!"
***
A prayer by Rex, on the night cousin Nate came to stay over:
"Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. Thank you that Nate can come and have a sleep over. And please bless Nate that he won't cry and just stare out the back door. Please bless him to not be sad. And thank you that we have Christmas. And Christmas isn't just about Santa, it's about Jesus. And when you get up in the morning to open presents, you have to get your parents first."
***
After Nate went home, I said to Macy "Well, it was really nice to have Nate here."
From the corner across the room, Rex said "Yeah, he's a cute guy."
(Rex is surprisingly good at snowboarding on his sled down the hill, so here are a few clips of that)
***
Rex: "Dad, I like the Cougars better than the Jazz."
Dad: "Really? Why?"
Rex: "Because the Cougars can beat the Utes, but the Jazz can't beat the Spurs"
***
Greeting me as I came in the door: "Hey Bro!"
***
Rex: "Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can. Is he tough? Listen bud, he's got real active blood."
***
Rex was running around and around the kitchen table at top speed, uninterrupted for ten minutes. Dad comes in: "What are you doing?"
Rex: "Practicing to get faster than Anna."
Posted by
Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com
at
11:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Amazing Snowboarding, Rex. Much more than a typical 5 yr old could ever do !! That looked so fun!
I can't get enough Rex quotes. It's so great to get a glimpse of what's inside his head. I love how thoughtful he is of Nate and how Anna is like superhero status to him. Super impressive snow boarding too!
Loved it Ry! Thanks so much for sharing those great quotes. What a cute picture of him too.
One of my favorites is the stream of consciousness part of his cute prayer, where he's working through Santa, Jesus, etc.
Love the quotes...he is so concerned for others!
Amazing snowboarder he will be (even if he does give skiing a small chance)... such a fun sledding day!
we've had some fun times on the slopes with Rex this year! He has some serious athletic ability! Love the quotes...poor Nate staring out the back door!
Oh my gosh I am so glad you have all of those little comments of Rex! He is hilarious!
first of all, LOVE the picture, so cute and funny. And I just love those quotes, he kills me with all the things that little minds thinks about. so glad you shared.
Wow, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. "stinkery" "faster than Anna" "bless Nate that he won't cry and just stare out the back window", "earwigs". Man, you just don't beat that material. Thanks for taking the time to share than stuff. makes me miss Rexford a ton.
btw, cool that you're reading The Road (love that book and thought of you and rex, as well as a me and future Ollie, while reading it. The more I think about it after having read it, the more I like it).
Also cool that Macy is reading that little girl book. Tell her Abby has some Fairytopia DVD's she can borrow next time she's down there.
UNREAL! That was funny and so tender. Please publish these.
"Hey Bro"? [I am still laughing out loud]
Where does he come up with those genius quotes? Keep them coming, please.
ha ha ha. love the prayer. He looks just like Macy in that top pic.
Post a Comment