Monday, December 17, 2007

Ensembles



(see update below)




From the above we may deduce two things: She has very strong ideas about what she wants to wear (though she changes those ideas approximately five times a day); and she's anything but shy about her choices.

UPDATE: Davis has astutely alerted me to a fascinating resemblance based on the top photo. Yeah, it's really weird, but also kind of hard to argue with:

(note to future grown up Lucy: No, I wasn't actually saying you looked like him, just that the hair and the smile were evocative of a certain kind of SOUL, can you dig it?)

UPDATE II: I felt it just bore mentioning that this post is the SIXTH in a row on this blog written by Ryan, possibly the most prolific male family blogger ever to have graced the Interwebs. Hopefully there will be someone else willing to pick up some of the slack around here?

12 comments:

Jo said...

As far as I can tell, the fashion principles Lucy applies are no more arbitrary and silly than those high-dollar designers who get to dictate to the world what is cool. And she's so much cuter. Give me Lucy's ensembles any day!

Andrea W. said...

I love that she is loving being photographed. You can tell she doesn't lack confidence, which is priceless!

Molly said...

I have to say...I don't look forward to that stage of childhood when they want to change their clothes five times a day! Sounds exhausting...do all children do this or just the Lucy girl kind??

davis@dontdodumbthings.com said...

in that first picture, lucy, for whatever reason, reminds me of this guy:

http://blogs.allocine.fr/blogsdatas/mdata/8/9/2/Z20060830185424267203298/img/james-brown.jpg

Liz said...

She is so cute! I love all her outfit selections. She has great taste and style!

Anonymous said...

She has a great fashion sense...it reminds me of how Carly dressed at her height of fashion, just a few years ago!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrea W. said...

LOL, Lucy does have soul!

Macy said...

okay, that picture is sort of freaking me out. Please let us take it off the blog, and if we ever get this thing made into a book I really don't want that picture in it.

Jo said...

I'm with Macy!

Eliza said...

LOl, wow, that is really weird and funny.

Ali said...

weird...I don't think I really agree. The only similarity is that horizontal smile. Lucy's confidence is playful..these guy's is respectful..or wants to be.

Love Lucy's fashion sense! Creativity is radiating off her!