Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunset Beach '07





We just got back from our annual Sunset beach vacation with my family. We had an amazing time. Our kids were so good and easy. What a wonderful stage we are at. It has been a great summer! We are adding another child at the end of the summer and we hope three doesn't put us over the edge. I have loooved two so much, but am also very excited to meet this little baby girl too.


We went to Disneyland one day and Rex was just tall enough to go on all the big roller coasters. He looved it. Lucy and I, and my mom, who kindly came along to help out, and brought Tenley, my cute little niece went on all the kiddie rides and more importantly the princess extravaganza. It was quite the scene. At one point we heard a mom telling a Disneyland employee that her daughter had been in her Cinderella costume for 3 days straight and she needed to find Cinderella now!! At that moment I decided I needed to be pretty low key about this princess thing with Lucy. I could see her going full force if I let her. She still can't stop telling people , "that Snow White did hold my hand."

At the Hungtington Beach Fourth of July Parade

My sister, Ali, with Rex, Lucy, and cousin Ike



Lucy on the Circus Train at Disneyland

Ryan, Rex and Lucy on the Jungle Cruise

The beach was a blast. Both Rex and Lucy were super brave in the waves, and couldn't get enough of it. It was so fun to watch them. The first night we got there Ryan took them both out to just put their feet in before bed, and Rex basically just dove right in, got totally soaked without a care in the world. He is my brave, independent little boy.


Strong Man Rex

Mermaid Lucy
Lucy waiting for her turn with Dad in the waves.

9 comments:

Mama Mia said...

What great pictures and a wonderful time together as a family! Rex is a big boy now wow!

Andrea W. said...

Rex looks so old :( Darling pictures.

Carly said...

They are both absolutely gorgeous! Welcome to the blogosphere. I am so happy that we will be able to keep current with your cute family!

Hansen Family said...

Cute Cute family...glad you had such a great time in CA. We hear you on the princess topic! We cut a deal and made an Alice in Wonderland dress once we returned home! Looking forward to hearing about the new babe!

Erin said...

Sweet, sweet family. It looks like such a wonderful time. Love the blog. Can't wait for all the updates.

Jo said...

Macy, beautiful blog! My compliments to you and Mave! I'm so glad you're doing this. I loved the all the pictures, as well as the description of your trip. What a cute family!

julie said...

What a great site... No doubt, I will be stopping here often. Lucy's dance is hilarious. It's fun to see what everyone is doing !! Maybe we will start our own blog...if Mike and Beth can do it, well.....

Bethers said...

I LOVE your blog. Now I can keep up with your family news. Beautiful shots---wonderful vacation. Wish we had a rich sister/aunt. Oh yea, we do---Julie!

Macy said...

Thanks for responding everyone. I am very new at this, and so I hope I can keep it up. I appreciate the comments and compliments.