Monday, July 30, 2007

Macy's Garden

Inspired by this post, I thought I'd share a little piece of what makes it so nice for me to come home every night, courtesy of Macy and her gardening designs. We've tried to make this garden in front of our house pretty in past years (or, more precisely, I have) but it never really worked until Macy got on board, picked the right plants, and started taking care of it. She used to say she has a black thumb, but it seems to have turned a nice deep shade of green now.

I never would have guessed a little thing like a flower garden would have such a nice influence on a place. One of the bright little lessons you learn when you live with Macy (who gardens a little less as it becomes more impossible for her to bend over).






(Not pictured: the large yellow spot in the lawn that somebody appears to have spilled tiki torch oil on).





12 comments:

Macy said...

Okay, didn't really know about this sweet post from my husband. Thanks honey. But I have to say I am a little embarrassed of the link to Mia and Bruce's garden. We love our little flower garden, but it really cannot compare.

The Back Row Pew said...

I have really been impressed at your front flower bed. It has looked beautiful all summer and unlike mine, it didn't die when you went to California.

Andrea W. said...

Sweet post and beautiful flowers.

Andrea W. said...

The thought occured to me that perhaps Ryan is hoping for reciprocation Macy. Isn't he rather proud of his vegetable garden?

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Ange, you've quite impressively predicted the topic of my very next post. :) (So I guess I've skipped right over the thought of reciprocation to the prospect of tooting my own corn.)

Ali said...

Looks good mace! Didn't know this was all in the works. But it looks wonderful!

Bethers said...

It looks lovely! I am impressed with Macy's dedication during a long hot summer and that Ryan noticed and appreciated it.

Jo said...

Macy, that's really gorgeous! And it shows me that we haven't been to your house for way too long. Congrats on your success. I need to experience it in person, soon!

Ry--LOL to "Toot my own corn"!

Erin said...

macy, your yard looks lovely. I am really impressed. And what a sweet husband to say such nice things.

Molly said...

Hey Ryan, do you think you could hint to Randy to "toot my corn." That was really nice of you to say to Mac and yes, your yard is always looking great...front and back! I am jealous of your shady yard...the flower choices are awesome!!

Eliza said...

wow, very impressive.

Mama Mia said...

Your garden looks great! We don't have a vegetable garden...I am jealous of your corn!