Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Kauai


We took an amazing eight day trip with some great friends to Kauai!! It was so great to escape Utah January, and so hard to come home to it too. What a great island and an amazingly fun vacation. I can't wait to go again someday.

The Highlights:

Watching the sunset on Ke'e Beach
Polihale (the most amazingly gorgeous beach I have ever seen)
Hanalei Bay
Shipwreck Beach
The sea turtles at Brennecke Beach
The shops at Princeville
TNT burgers
Poipu
Joe Joe's Shave Ice
Waimea Canyon
Zipline tour in the jungle
Kipu Falls
Costco
A very intense football game on the beach in which you can see from the Loser picture we lost.
Glass Beach
Merrimans Seafood (so yummy!)
Lapperts Ice Cream
22 North Gaylords for brunch to celebrate Elizabeth's birthday
tennis, tennis, and more tennis
Boar hunting and jungle exploring
Jeepin and four wheeling
chasing chickens
Late nights and Good friends



















Oh man, please send me back!

The kids had an amazing time too. Ryan's cousin Sara came and stayed at our house with the kids. They had a great time, and she handled everything perfectly. Then off to both grandparents for a couple of days too. They were in great hands, and pretty much had a complete vacation too. So grateful for all the great friends and family around us who our kids love so much.

6 comments:

Eliza said...

So beautiful. I cannot get over that jewel sand, unbelievable! sounds absolutely perfect, so glad you had a fun getaway.

Molly said...

Ahh, looks amazing. That sand is so crazy, I have never heard of that! All looked very relaxing until the zip line...I think I would have been terrified!

Ali said...

looks so fun! jealous of the time in the sun and curious why costco was a highlight?

Macy said...

Because Ali, Costco is always a highlight.

Elizabeth said...

Just read through this again and I can't believe you didn't put Trolololo as a highlight. Obviously, Ryan wasn't included in the compilation of this list.

The Back Row Pew said...

What great shots of a great trip. You two look so relaxed and young. It's amazing what paradise can do.