Molly has been telling people a secret lately. She only shares it with a select few people, but if you're lucky, she will whisper it in your ear. The lucky ones know the secret. After careful consideration, I have decided to share Molly's secret with a wider audience. If you are lucky enough to have her whisper in your ear, you will hear this: "Families can be togeder foreber."
***
Rex had to share a scripture in sharing time last week. I found a good scripture for him- it was the one where the Savior commends the righteous for feeding him when he was hungry, giving drink when thirsty, clothing him when naked, etc. Rex read it through a few times and approved it to be his scripture. But after some more thought, he said "But Dad, I don't want to say the naked part."
***
I was talking with Lucy one morning about what she had done the day before. She had had a friend over, so I asked her what they had done together. She said "We just did two things. We played princesses in Rex's room. Then, we played princesses in my room."
***
The night before Thanksgiving, Macy was really stressed about all that she had to get done. I asked her if she had bought all of the things we would need to make an apple pie. She got more stressed and asked what goes into an apple pie. I said "apples, sugar, cinnamon . . . " She said "well, I bought some apples . . ." I kept going " . . . little lemon" She gave me an irritated look and said "Don't call me that."
***
Molly has had an obsession with bad guys for the last few months. Sometimes we'll be out and about, and she'll see someone walk by and tell one of us "thass a ba-guy!" She finds ba-guys in strange places. A mural of the Savior in the Greek Orthodox Church, a drawing of a long-haired girl in a kid's booklet, a neighbor walking his dog and my driver's license photo. She doesn't explain what these people have in common, but she's quite confident when she senses a ba-guy. You could be next.
***
The other day, I was wearing a coon-skin cap that I found at Macy's Mom's house. I decided to wear it to the park with my family. Macy found it repulsive and asked me to take it off. I said "I kind of like it- it fits my personality." She got very serious and said "Then you don't fit my personality."
***
The other day, I was asking the kids what sorts of things they believe in. Here is the list:
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Lately
Posted by
Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com
at
7:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Ryan, I love that you thought to ask your kids and recorded what they believed in and what they didn't. So interesting to see what the results were. Those were all fabulous stories! I'm totally with Rex on avoiding that word if possible, and Lucy is just always a crack up. Ben went through a bad guy stage and it was a little embarassing when he would refer to someone as that right in front of them. I hope to never be on Molly's bad guy list. i LOVE the little lemon story.
your reminded me of velda plendor from troop bev hills in that stupid hat.
those are all way funny.
Ali, how in the world do you know that Troop Bev Hills name...hilarious!
Quite a sweet little pet name for macy...could we all call her that. Love the list of beliefs...very clever...wonder how it will change in a year. I can't wait to see that Molly J!
all hilarious and cute. I have to say though, my favorite stories were the macy ones, that lemon thing Killed me, I could totally picture her getting all fiesty about being called a little lemon. Lol. Molly is edible, I really want to eat her up just looking at her and then you hear I hear her talk and say things like the families can be togeder and I just about melt. so funny about the naked thing, he belongs to his victorian aunt ange. lucy is a crack up as usual.
Loved every bit of this post. Mike and I were laughing so hard...
They believe in fairies but not The Force? Somebody is failing these children.
Macy I am going to start calling you Little Lemon- love that pet name!
I love this post! So funny!
Post a Comment