Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Beach




We had another amazing time at the beach this year! We love this trip so much, and always have the hardest time saying goodbye when we have to come home to real life. A lot of sand time, a lot of waves (even though the water was a bit colder this year...luckily the kids don't seem to mind), a lot of sun, and a lot of great family time. Ryan and Rex got to hit an Angels game one night, the girls got away for pedicures, and of course lots of good chats and hot tub nights. My sisters and I, plus my parents, each take a night to cook dinner, and every meal was amazing.

Of course, one night we also take off from cooking, and hit Taco Surf down the beach a bit which we love. Except for this time Ali and I were beach cruisin' down to the Taco Surf when my beach skirt got caught in the bike chain (don't ever wear a long skirt while biking, even if it is a leisurely bike ride). Anyway, my skirt was basically coming off my body, and was completely stuck in the bike chain. I couldn't ride any further , but was also stuck to the bike. Ali had to ride ahead and get help. I sat in that spot for 25 minutes until Ryan finally made his way back on Ali's bike with some tools to unhitch the back wheel and the chain to get me (and my skirt!) out. It was quite the hilarious little adventure, with the exception of my skirt being completely ruined.

We did Legoland this year instead of hitting Disneyland in the middle of the summer(more pics to come on that). It is no Disneyland, but the kids loved it. We rented another party boat and this time cruised around Balboa Island. I love that area, and seeing all of those darling homes along the bay is so fun. My old college roommate and friend Liz came out from Riverside to eat lunch and beach it with us for a day. She has two of the most darling kids, and we had such a fun time laying out in the sun and chatting like old times. Another fun surprise was Davis and Melissa were there for one of the weekends, and so we spent the Fourth of July with them, and old friends Chris and Amy Kemp, and Robb Finlinson too. Amby made the best dinner, and we watched fireworks on the beach. It was good times all around.

Mostly, it was just so relaxing to just hang out at my aunt's amazing beach house, read, eat, and be in such a beautiful setting. As I am writing this I am missing it so much. Here are some pics:

























7 comments:

The Back Row Pew said...

Great Photos, The kids are so, so cute. Such a fun trip and we are glad everyone makes the effort. It was spectacular.

Molly said...

Great Post Mace! I have not seen those pics come through...could you email those on, Please! You got some great action shots!

Ali said...

lol. you, your skirt, and the bike...

lots of great pics, i love the first one and ikey's sand face..

Elizabeth said...

I love that first picture! Amazing action shot. Sounds like the best trip - except for the bike/skirt incident which, for me, provided a great laugh. Can't wait to see you guys and hear more about it.

Erin said...

Looks like the best time. So sorry about your darling skirt. Maybe a new skirt?

Jo said...

I loved reading about your week, and especially seeing the pictures. What a bunch of cute kids. The picture of Lucy with her hair blowing is great. Funny about the skirt--I'm so glad you weren't hurt.

Jessie said...

Looks like a great trip! I really can't believe how big Lucy is getting! She is sooooo adorable! All your kids are!