Sunday, October 12, 2008

Potpourri



Rex asked me last night "are there are a lot of earthquakes in heaven?

I said "no, Heaven is perfect. So nothing bad happens there."

Rex said "Except wars. There was a war in heaven."

Me: "Hmm, well, yeah."


I asked Rex and Lucy: "Do you guys know what Anna and Abby and Nate's last name is?

Complete silence. After a while, Rex said "Roberts?"


In church, I asked Lucy "What's that little girl in your class's name?"

She said "Luc . . . wait, that's me."


Rex and Lucy were at the table naming the various colors on their placemats. "Red, orange, yellow . . . " Finally, the last patch of color was a little square of red and white stripes. "blue . . . green . . . Merican."


Lucy's pre-school is part of a Lutheran Church, and as a result, she's being indoctrinated into . . . Christianity. It's funny to hear how this manifests sometimes. The other day she was walking around the house all afternoon singing "thank you God for giving us thnacks! Thank you God for giving us thnacks! Thank you God for giving us thnacks, ri-ight where we are. A-MEN!"






10 comments:

Jo said...

Thanks Ry, for sharing those precious little anecdotes. How typical of the little thinker, Rex, to counter your "nothing bad happens" in Heaven statement w/a contradicting truth! And Lucy's "Luc...wait, that's me! answer is truly LOL funny. Unfortunately I know how it is to get confused like that.

Braden Bell said...

Wow! Pretty impressive on Rex's part. What exactly did you say? As an alum of that same Lutheran school, I am sure that Lucy will be fine once she gets the whole grace and works things down. I wonder if the paste still tastes as good as it used to...

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

serious lol to most of those. So funny. Roberts. Those weirdos out in the county kind of seem like Robertses

Erin said...

Amen to that sista!

Rebecca said...

So funny. I loved the war in heaven one- priceless

Andrea W. said...

Oh my gosh, I can't get enough of these stories. LOL! The war in heaven one wowed me, the Roberts one cracked me up and so did the "merican" and "wait that's me." SO funny. What cute smart kids.

Molly said...

lol. Those are so funny especially about Lucy getting confused about who's name was whose! She is such a cork!

Ali said...

i love how rex always makes up last names for people..roberts..roosters..funny. cute pic too.

The Back Row Pew said...

Great little tidbits...funny kids. And I think the Roberts are a very distinguished name...kind of like the Wrights...much improved on the Roosters. I'm glad Lucy is singing about gratitude and "Thnacks" instead of telling us about getting stickers in the Chapel. I hope Macy is volunteering often in the classroom.

Bethers said...

Right on Rex and Luci!!!!